These animals are usually light brown or dark brown in color and can range from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in length. Termites begin to swarm in the spring. They can cause costly structural damage by tunneling their way through solid wood. Termites feed on any structure containing wood and enter through small cracks.
Dry Wood Termites
- Eat and live in wood structures.
- Known to attack paper, furniture, wall boards, and cloth
- Swarm yearly to start new colonies
- Live underground in search of food
- Enjoy warmth
- Mud tunnels between soil and wood structures of homes are signs of infestation
- Can enter through cracks as small as 1/64th of an inch.